About the Emergency Room
The GCRMC Emergency Department sees 32,000 visits per year and is a level 3 trauma center available 24/7. The emergency room nurses are all ACLS, PALS, and trauma nurse certified. The department is staffed by physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and technicians. Lab services are provided 24 hours a day by a CAP Certified laboratory. Our state- of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging department compliments the services available in our Emergency Department. Hospitalists are available to meet the needs of patients without a primary care physician. Helicopter transport is available for patients requiring a higher level of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Nursing Unit(s) under the direction of the CNO/ACNO, is responsible for:
- The 24 hour operations of the unit(s) assigned.
- Meeting operational targets established for service line unit(s)
- Facilitating recruitment, selection, integration, and retention of unit staff to meet patient care needs and defined staffing matrix positions.
- Collaborating with Assistant Director (if applicable) in evaluation and assessment of staff knowledge and skills of unit(s) staff and managing plan to increase skill/knowledge and staff performance in areas of identified deficiency or career growth.
- Serving as a role model of GCRMC mission, vision, and values and standards of behavior.
- Monitoring financial and operational performance of unit(s), completing variance reports and makes recommendations to improve unit performance to meet or exceed defined budgets.
- Analyzing service line operations and developing strategies to improve quality, performance, functional excellence, expand services, and increase contribution to organization’s margin and strategic goals and objectives.
Progress of Emergent Care Unit in GCRMC according to Robert Middleton, VP Patient Care
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program. BSN/Baccalaureate required; Graduate degree (MSN, MHA, etc.) preferred; part-time or greater enrollment in graduate degree program required within one year of hire/reclassification date for candidates hired after July 2016.
- Certification: Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) card; ACLS preferred; maintains all required certifications and clinical competencies and skills for clinical unit; national (clinical and/or leadership) certification desired within two years of hire/reclassification date.
- Licensure: Holds an unencumbered current New Mexico RN license.
- Two years recent management and leadership experience appropriate to area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates clinical, leadership, and communication skills necessary to define goals, lead teams, resolve conflicts, engage with persons of varying age and culture as appropriate to the unit they are leading.
- Ability to apply systems theories to solutions.
- Shift Differential Pay
- On Call Pay
- Team Leader Pay
- Resource Pool Pay
- Education and Training
- Experience Credit
- Certification Pay Differential or Hiring Bonus
- Education Assistance
- Preceptor Pay
- BSN/MSN Degree Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Generous sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- 401K matching
- Direct Deposit
- Generous PLT (Paid Leave Time)
- Major Medical Bank (Paid Sick Time)
- Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Merit Increases/Evaluations
- Clinical Ladder
- Referral bonus
- Long service bonus
- Holiday parties
- Free meal in the cafeteria
- Employee of the Month
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail Discounts for Employees
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.
To learn more about how you can become an RN on our Emergency team and a valued member of the Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center family.